Monday 3 April 2017

Topshop Make-up | Smoke Sticks


I picked these Smoke Sticks up a little white ago when I was browsing Topshop online, I can never resist their beauty bit. They just have such a good range of items, their products are good quality and I like the packaging. As soon as I saw these I wanted to try them out.

I decided to get these two colours because they were the only ones I was interested in and they didn't have much of a range of colours, it was all coppers and nude shimmers. "Realm" is the lighter of the two, it's a lovely nudey pink colour with so much shimmer in it. I love this for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes and the brow bone. It looks quite intense when you first apply it but with a little blending (with fingers) it soon sinks into the skin. It does remind me of a highlighter because of the way it looks on, it can look very natural if you're light handed. I picked up another one in the shade "Trickster" which is again, super shimmery and a copper colour with tiny gold glitter. I thought that this one would look really nice all over the lid.

With a name like "Smoke Sticks" I'm assuming that you're meant to use these all over your eyelids and blend them out to create a smokey eye however this is easier said then done as they aren't the easiest things to blend! Once they're on the lid, they want to stay there. However the best way is to do a little at a time and use warm fingers as this will help move the product. I think the lighter colour is definitely easier to blend then trickster but both look really pretty once on.

I've been enjoying experimenting with these. A darker colour (such as grey shimmer or black) would work really nicely to do a smokey liner along the lid. I also just want to say that I'm not a fan of the name, it sort of seems like someone just went "that'll do" and left it as that? I mean yes it's what they are, but I think they could have been called something more creative/interesting!

Have you tried anything from Topshop's beauty range before? What do you think of these?


                                                                                       Follow
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. These look so nice, the shades are so pretty. I really like the things I've tried from the Topshop makeup line so I definitely need to try more.

    Alice | alicemaysnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really good for fun items like these! xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig