Monday 17 October 2016

Clarins: some samples





These were some samples that I received from my sister which I think she was given for free. She's not very into skincare however I know that these are quite expensive and Clarins are obviously a very well known brand so when she offered them to me I jumped at the change of trying them out.
I have to admit that these samples are tiny however you can still get a good two or three uses from them. I know a lot of people use samples of products to travel with and these would be good for a short trip but otherwise you'd need a few of these to see you through!

On the Clarins website it describes the cleanser as
"a spa-fresh exfoliating facial cleanser that polishes-away make-up, embedded impurities and spent surface cells in one time-saving step to reveal the glowing skin beneath."

It claims to both cleanse and exfoliate, gently removing everything that makes the skin look dull, leaving the skin smooth and soft and it has orange extract which works to soften, refresh and revive the skin. I used this in the morning and one of the first things that I noticed about it was the lovely orangey scent that it has which was quite refreshing. The second thing that I noticed was that it was very light and was gentle on the skin as it claims to be while still allowing me to really cleanse my skin, it wasn't too gentle. If you were to use this at night, I would definitely suggest using another cleanser first to get rid of any make-up and then this to really work deep down. My skin felt very clean and soft after using this. It also felt like a treat for my skin but this could possibly be because I think the brand is quite high end (to me anyway).

After the cleanser, I used the HydraQuench cream as this seemed like a good combo. This is described as "Light and silky, smooth to apply and feather-light on the skin. Rapidly absorbed, this cream refreshes and hydrates." and thats literally how I would describe it. Although it is £36, I don't think that there is anything that special about it at all. It's definitely good, it's light and definitely moisturises your skin but for the price I just expected a little more from it. I wanted to be blown away by how good this was however I doubt I'll be willing to spend that much money in the future for something which didn't wow me. 

What beauty products have you been using lately?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig