Friday 25 November 2016

Ways to get out of a bad mood


Bad moods are something that just seem to quite like me, I generally always slip into one through no fault of my own but trust me, EVERYONE will know about it. This is something which I have no reason or explanation for but is definitely something which I would like to change as I would like to become a much happier, more positive person. Below are just some tips that will help get you out of a mood pretty quickly.

Talk it out
Sometimes the best way to feel happier is to simply just talk it out. As they say, "a problem shared is a problem halved" and if there is definitely something which is getting to you then discussing it with someone you can trust can help SO much. If you keep something bottled up, then it won't ever get resolved. Sometimes sharing your problem and telling someone can help you figure out how you feel/what to do and is bound to make you feel a lot happier. Talking is generally the last thing that I want to do when I'm grumpy but even just a few nice words exchanged with a stranger can really brighten your day.

Laughter
Laughter is truly the best thing and will cheer even the grumpiest of people up. This can be found in a variety of ways but watching pranks on youtube or putting a funny film on will do. It doesn't have to be so funny that you cry with laughter but anything to distract and rise even a hint of a chuckle will do.

Music
Now for me this is mainly musicals. I love Spotify and I use it every day without fail. I used to listen to music on the train, but now I put something on when I'm getting up and ready, when I'm reading, cleaning, when in the car etc. It makes so many situations a lot brighter and more fun. Music is something which should be enjoyed and is the easiest way to boost your mood.

Cry it out
Now for me this is the easiest thing in the world as I seem to find anything to cry about. But somethings there is no turning back and often, just having a good old cry can help a lot. However it should be succumbed to as a last resort and shouldn't last long, after the self-indulunct of feeling shit, this should be the low point that you get to to then think, "this is dumb", to stop cry and pick yourself up and carry on.

Distraction
Another thing that I find very easy, there are certain things that you just can't be in a bad mood when doing. Online shopping, cleaning and cooking seem to be things that you just CAN'T be moody when doing and believe me, I've tried.

Getting to the route of the problem is one of the only ways to get rid of bad moods for good. Everyone should try to be the best, most positive person that they can be, which I know is often easier said then done. These tips will at least help a small amount.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig